FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)
Old May 13, 2019, 4:13 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wiivile
noob question: can i book a room for my friend visiting the same hotel on the same dates as me, using points from my explorist account, even if i am not staying in his room, as long i will be staying in the same hotel (different room) with him? do i have to note this on the reservation somewhere? will only my room be eligible for explorist benefits?
This is specifically allowed by the terms.

Only your room should get benefits, but many hotel will extend them to all the rooms. You will get points for all rooms (if anything is charged to the rooms) but only qualifying night credit for the room you occupy.

8. Multiple Rooms. A Member may earn points for up to three (3) rooms per night (Member’s room and two (2) additional rooms) within the same hotel or resort. The Member must be a registered guest, occupy at least one of the rooms, and pay an Eligible Rate for all applicable rooms. The Member will earn Base Points for each of the rooms, but the Member will only earn Tier-Qualifying Nights (defined in Appendix C) for one (1) room. In addition, only the room occupied by the Member will count toward current Program promotions and receive Program benefits and services. The occupant(s) of the additional room(s) will not receive points (or any partner credit offered to Members in lieu of points).

Also, you can book an award night for anyone, even if you are not there (though you won't get any credit for it)