FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here
Old May 13, 2019, 7:51 am
Thaikwai

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by plaintalk
Re the people "who enjoy the airline": Aren't you the one who keeps going on about how bad TG is in comparison with other airlines in the region?

But anyway, I still think it is uncalled for to refer to someone who takes official hand luggage rules more or less seriously as "neurotic". If they are as relaxed as you say, it is a clear competitive disadvantage that their published rules are so much more stingy than their competitors' allowances, and thus simply not smart. I will find out soon.
True.....I call them out on issues where I believe they underperform versus the competition, but they still represent the best airline for me when it comes to in-flight service, food, ground passenger handling (bearing in mind that I am a Platinum ROP member), and award redemption. They underperform in a lot of areas, including ticket pricing, but they are still the best airline for me as a Bangkok resident. Although the number of bus gates is beginning to test my loyalty...subject of another thread