FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oman Visa Advice
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2019, 12:38 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Thanks for providing your experience. I'm thinking now to just get a VOA and not deal with any glitches. I'll be flying from Dubai to Muscat and I've read that having a recent UAE visa stamped in your passport would make getting a VOA in Oman easier. I guess I'll find out.

Question.....was the VOA in Oman a pretty seamless process after everything was said a done?
There's no difficulty in getting a visa on arrival. If that is that you want, recent stamps from UAE will make not a jot of difference. The visa on arrival desk is separate from the immigration facility. Agents at the VOA desk will give a your passport a cursory inspection to assess the visa rate, and then sell you the visa. Pay by cash or credit card and its all over in a minute or so. You then move over to the immigration lines were the official has the final say of whether you are welcomed into Oman: here, your documents are formally inspected and you are stamped into the country.

The e-visa advantages are simply that it is a little cheaper than the VOA, and avoids the slight hassle of going through the above process. Some prefer to move the hassle a spare half hour at home.

================================================== ======

If you want (free) entry under a common visa agreement, it's not a UAE visa you need, it's a Dubai visa: and you must travel to Oman directly from Dubai.

If you ant to follo this path, it's probably a good idea to tell the immigration agent at Dubai that you are going to Oman and want to the appropriate visa to allow you to use the common entry agreement between the two countries.