FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multi-pax PNR, need to change only one pax
Old May 8, 2019, 4:51 pm
Rufo4506

Programs: AA, UA, CO
Question Multi-pax PNR, need to change only one pax

I've searched for this in the forums, but all I got was to learn the "multi-pax PNR" label.

My wife booked domestic (US) tickets for her and two kids (ages 10 and 7) on Orbitz. The itinerary came out with outbound on AA and return on Delta. Now the 10-year-old has an unanticipated summer school event that she wouldn't like to miss and would require her to depart 3 days later. Ideally (option #1 ), we would like for mom and the 7-year-old to depart on AA according to the original schedule, then have the 10-year-old fly solo three days later, and then all three come back on Delta as originally scheduled.

My wife's idea (option #2) ws that 2 out of the 3 pax could fly as originally scheduled on AA. Then have the 10-year-old fly solo on a one-way ticket on a low-price carrier like Spirit or Jet Blue. And finally all three return as originally scheduled on Delta.

Should I call Orbitz or American to make changes as per option #1 ? Or could we go with option #2 ? Would the PNR be invalidated if only 2 out of 3 pax show up for the outbound flight on AA?

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited by Rufo4506; May 8, 2019 at 4:54 pm Reason: Clarified what options 1 and 2 are