FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World Lounge Access with Children
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2019, 7:39 am
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by frandrake
lol what I meant was that if you have to say, relocate the family from LHR to HKG because of your work commitment or are flying home during a mission abroad it could make sense to ease the pain off the family by flying the kids in J or F.

I, personally, would not fly my family on holiday in J or F as I do not want my children to grow in a situation where flying premium and accessing lounges is the norm. It was not the norm for me when I grew up and I enjoyed working hard and earning what I have now. I wish them to follow a similar path.

That said, I never judge when I see children in J or F (again, it could be for a variety of reasons).

Same applies to a first car or anything else. My parenting style is to provide guidance and a decent minimum, not to grant my kids the same level of pampering I can afford for myself if that makes sense.
As you rightly say, it is parenting style, and everyone is entitled to follow their own.

I differ slightly to you, in that I want my children to benefit from what I earn, and would rather treat them as equals. Just because I did not have something as a child, does not mean they should not.

So, when we travel, we sit in the same cabin of travel. Why? Because I was brought up to embrace the importance of togetherness and family.

By the same token, when we book a hotel, I make sure we all stay in the same hotel. If I book a Hilton, I'd rather not send my kids round the corner to a Premier Inn. However, that of course, is simply parenting style.

M