Club World Lounge Access with Children

Old May 7, 2019, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club
Club World Lounge Access with Children

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have come seeking an answer to this question.

I have been a BA Executive club member for a couple of years now and been saving up my points to make the upgrade into Club World and fly somewhere decent to make a proper go at it.
Me and my girlfriend decided to take the kids to New York in the summer holidays.

I booked Club World for me and the better half using my Avios and companion ticket but couldn't warrant the upgrade costs for the kids so stuck them in regular economy. I'm far from a ...... and this is actually rather a treat for us all anyway.

Obviously we would like to take advantage of the lounge facilities at London Heathrow and this is part of the experience we have both been looking forward to, but at only 13 and 11 the kids are not old enough or responsible enough to leave them to make their own way to the gate.

When I booked, the lady I spoke with on the phone told me I would be able to book them a lounge pass but on further investigation it seems BA don't sell access to their lounges.

I'm only a basic blue member so taking a guest seems to be a little difficult.

I do have AMEX Gold card and have the Lounge Club but again that won't get us all into the BA Lounge.

Does anyone know how, if any way I could possibly get us all into the BA Lounge at Heathrow, or have experience of taking their young ones with them?

Thank you

Andy
Old May 7, 2019, 9:44 am

Lounge Guidelines here BA lounge access guidelines
You and your girlfriend will have access based on being on a CW tickets but no guests
During the school holidays, BA have been known to allow some Gold and GGL passengers extra guests but other times it is a straight no.
You would need to upgrade the kids to CW for them to have lounge access
Old May 7, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
+1 for having the kids flying Y - although I do not mean to judge anyone, I always felt flying kids around in J/F does not send the right message, especially if on hols.

Also, not to kill the dream but you are not missing much if you are not allowed in the CW Galleries lounges. IMO only F and above are worth a stay in LHR.

That said, if lounging has to be part of your departure experience, you can consider buying entrance to the paid lounge at T5.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board bakker 110

Unfortunately you or your girlfriend won't be able to guest into the BA Lounges and a WT to CW airport upgrade cost on the day, if even available, for the children would be prohibitive I think. There's a few choices here I'd say.

1) Pay for all of you to go into the non BA Lounge (Aspire) if you really want lounge access
2) Go to one of the eating places in T5 and chill out there
3) Don't arrive too early if not choosing to pay for the non BA lounge so you don't have to hang around for ages
4) One of you use the BA Lounge whilst the other looks after the kids?

I'm sure there will be a few more posts with other suggestions.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by caz312
Lounge Guidelines here BA lounge access guidelines
You and your girlfriend will have access based on being on a CW tickets but no guests
During the school holidays, BA have been known to allow some Gold and GGL passengers extra guests but other times it is a straight no.
You would need to upgrade the kids to CW for them to have lounge access
Just to clarify that GGL's now permanently get up to 5 guests (on the same flight)

Golds is ad-hoc as and when BA decide to allow extra guesting during holiday periods.

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)
caz312 likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BA
Sorry to Hi-Jack this thread, but if I were Silver and travelling economy could I take my wife and kids in to a lounge as guests or is it strictly one?
Old May 7, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Oli Venn
Sorry to Hi-Jack this thread, but if I were Silver and travelling economy could I take my wife and kids in to a lounge as guests or is it strictly one?
1 guest only, pretty strictly enforced.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Oli Venn
It's one guest although under 2's do not count as a guest.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Would they let you in if you flashed someone elses gold or silver passes? Ie borrowed from a friend not travelling on the day?
Old May 7, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by bakker110
Would they let you in if you flashed someone elses gold or silver passes? Ie borrowed from a friend not travelling on the day?

No. They scan your boarding passes to check eligibility rather than ask for your BAEC card

Bri.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:34 am

Would they let you in if you flashed someone else’s gold or silver passes? Ie borrowed from a friend not travelling on the day?
That's really, really not a good idea. BA can easily end your BAEC account if you are trying to deceive your way into a lounge and anyhow the BPs (yours) have to be scanned. There's also an almost 100% probability using someone else's card would end badly for the other persons BAEC account too so I'd put that idea to bed, permanently.

Just enjoy the CW flights and your actual holiday and no BA lounge access as I can testify isn't all that bad!
orbitmic, AAtticus, Lefly and 2 others like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Access and guesting entitlement is done by checking your Boarding Pass. Your suggestion is unlikely to have a happy ending (to put it mildly!). It is also unlikely to gather a favourable response round these parts.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Would they let you in if you flashed someone else’s gold or silver passes? Ie borrowed from a friend not travelling on the day?
No. They have to actually scan the BP at the entrance and there would be no match between that and the borrowed card (that isn't a pass, by the way).
Also, I would find it a bit... dishonest, let's say.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

These are fair enough points and I wouldnt want to get anyone in trouble. Just looking for a way to keep the whole party together.

I suppose i could instead be looking looking for someone travelling at the same time with guest privileges
Old May 7, 2019, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wouldn't worry. As a big kid I much prefer the atmosphere out in departures...I suspect your kids will feel the same.

You and the girlfriend could take turns visiting the lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.