FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - issue - using aa.com to redeem miles for flights
Old May 8, 2019, 5:09 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by vudoosj
Hello,

I have been having problems with using aa.com to redeem miles for flights for myself and others. I keep getting the error page below after having selected the flights and being offered seats selection which also shows error message "Seat map unavailable. Please check back." I have tried 3 different kinds of browsers but get same error message.
Anyone seen this problem? What is the work around? Or if there is another thread addressing similar issue, please direct me. Thanks.
Most likely an IT/Sabre/aa.com glitch, certainly not a widespread issue, but can happen in rare instances where availability doesn't match up between what aa.com shows at the high level and what is actually available to confirm in the booking system.

Have you verified the award space is really there in EF? If you dont have EF and post the flights and dates someone around here will be happy to double check. Otherwise you can always call AA and see if an agent can book it, or at least put it on hold.