FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice about connecting in Guangzhou
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2019, 8:11 pm
shd9

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by fairhsa
Thanks. I have checked in for the flight and am trying to figure out how to print the boarding pass now (am in Manila, in a hotel, should be fine). I do have RMB with me so buying a metro ticket is no problem (except I thought it might take longer than getting on a bus, but if you think its faster I will do it). I don't read Chinese (I speak a couple of words only) so any kind of interaction is usually problematic!
I honestly had no idea which is faster. Last time I did the metro transit in ~20mins. I recall that the walk from both terminals to the metro stations to be quite short (maybe not as short as HKG but comparable to SZX where you go do a couple escalators) and well-signed. I have never taken the bus, but a quick search online tells me that the bus runs from the departures level, T2, Door 42 to T1. It looks like the bus is run every 10 mins so probably the total transit time is similar.

Apparently both the bus and the metro are free! Somehow I missed that last time and probably just used WeChat to swipe through.