FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old May 7, 2019, 10:14 am
pythonisman

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by pythonisman
FCO: Three orange smileys
Back to back: Reasonable (return shuttle to main terminal); Transfer: Reasonable; Landside: Reasonable
I commented upthread about FCO, not sure if there's any more info. I have an ex-EU later this year and would like to sort the lead-in flight sooner rather than later (it's around Christmas time so they're attracting a premium at the moment and I'm worried they're only going to go up from here - but maybe some advice there could be helpful too

We're on the 14:40 flight FCO-LHR and then onward to Singapore on a Saturday.

Flying to FCO the night before may be difficult/not possible for my partner, so we might need to do a back to back, and check our bags in for the long-haul flight at LHR on the way out and then fly HLO to/from FCO.
(There's a chance we could make it onto a late Vueling flight out of LGW, but I'd be a bit terrified about the risk if there were issues as it's the last flight of the day and might make things more stressful, particularly in the winter).

I worked out how to search the old thread for advice on FCO and saw there were old posts (2016) where it looked to be possible but risky, but some recent ones from 2017/2018 stating it was now easier, potentially trivial- but wondering if anyone has any recent experience that could confirm / refute this?

The posts in question giving me some comfort are:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28055389-post1489.html and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28055656-post1492.html

Not sure what best options I can do as an alternate -- I'm open to just about anything reasonable, but need to leave London late on the Friday (after 19:00hrs at the earliest, ideally- the last BA flight out is at 18:20 and might be too hard to get) and be 'safe' getting onto the BA flight back to Heathrow the next day at 14:40 -- any suggestions are greatly appreciated!