FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2019, 10:51 am
Purjelentaja

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'd say it's only semi-BS. They'd need to provide PEK catering with different kinds of plates etc if they want to do a different kind of service on the inbound.
Solution? Proper trayless service both ways!
👍

This sounds a bit like a last-minute equipment swap, maybe? Maybe you got DEL or JFK catering? But of course, they should have had a matching menu loaded, nevertheless.
No printed menus was from PEK. Actually I just checked the menus online and it's been changed, so obviously for one reason or another the menu catered from PEK had been changed and they hadn't the current ones onboard. Now, what is seen online sounds familiar: starter Blinis with smoked mackerel and salmon tartar. Main Pan fried salmon, white wine sauce and potato terrine with lemon. Both ok, but tastewise far from the quality one usually gets on flights ex-HEL

At AY Kitchen we saw how the "plating" works in practice: they empty a black plastic bowl of frozen food on a china plate... (Doesn't apply to all mains, but to those that come from Germany)
To my understanding that was for intra-European dishes. At least I understood that long-haul dishes are done in-house. Or did I miss something?

I find the cake tasty, too. The ice cream isn't actually ice cream, as in there's no cream in it, so it's vegan. I was quite surprised to learn this because it tastes and feels very much like real ice cream to me. All other vegan "ice creams" I've tried leave a lot to be desired except this Jymy Coconut-Lime. It's excellent, fresh and tasty.
Really? That's a surprise to me as well, but anyhow, all Jymys I have tasted have been very good! And so was the strawberry cake, and generous portion as well!