FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA Address needed for payment?
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by garykung
You will be surprised actually - UA's own Hong Kong-based agents is way more competent than most N. American agent. When I have my fair share of HUACA, including those with 1K Desk, I never have a problem with Hong Kong call center.

(Note - do you know that I am actually a HKG based 1K?)
I make no judgement as to the competency of UA agents North America based or otherwise. I merely suggest calling the UA USA number since that was the number I used in the past when I encountered these situations and found that they understood that upgrades could be processed without invoking a TA. If upgrades required TA approval, I doubt anyone would want to be flying on business internationally given the stringent policy of many corporations of only flying in Y (perhaps PY if you're lucky) long haul. Airlines know this change doesn't touch the itinerary in any meaningful way (i.e. date, origin/departure) and is a great way for them to rake in some extra moolah. Heck I've even had colleagues have CPUs clear on their corporate TA issued ticket that had the TA send an email noting a change in cabin from Economy to First.

Safe Travels,

James