FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2019, 11:26 pm
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by greenteamuimui
Flying the new LAX - HEL route AY002 next week, saw that the options are as follow:

Option 1
Beef Wagyu with celeriac and potato purée, kale and butternut squash
Option 2
Poached salmon with creamy lemon-dill sauce and Jasmine rice
Option 3
Chef ́s Special

Anyone has insights on what the Chef's special could be?
Interesting, Options 1 & 2 were the exact same ones on my JFK-HEL this week. AY apparently uses the same catering company at both outstations. And my guess is, this company preapres all meals at some random location in the US and transports them deep frozen to the airports. Explains why the food is so terribly bland.

JFK-HEL catering sure leaves a lot to be desired. Amuse bouche was okay. A small piece of scallop and some marinated bell peppers.

The tray (one-tray service) came 90 minutes after departure, which is very late considering the shortish flight time.

Appetizer choices were tuna or chicken, and believe it or not, I had a hard time telling which one I got. It was supposed to be ’smoked tuna tartar’ and was absolutely tasteless.

For main course, I had preordered ’poached salmon with creamy lemon-dill sauce, Jasmine rice’. It had stayed in the oven far too long so there was no evidence of any sauce, just some dried remains. The salmon was dry and tasteless, the rice equally so. Basically it was white rice and a piece of cooked, non-spiced fish.

Dessert was Häagen Dazs.

The best part probably was breakfast, a plate of cold cuts and a heated croissant.

Both ways, AY used a J-32 plane. For many airlines, JFK is a premium route with lots of demand for J, even F. It’s sad to see that this is not the case for AY, and it shows.