FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Premier Upgrade (GPU) Questions Thread [Archive]
Old May 3, 2019, 2:15 pm
mpiotrow

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
I have a reservation within 24 hours AAA-BBB-CCC on the outbound, CCC-DDD-AAA on the return. I was on a V fare and applied a GPU a few weeks ago on the outbound. BBB-CCC (the international portion) cleared immediately, and AAA-BBB cleared a few days ago. I was just looking at the app for SDC options, and it initially gave me a different AAA-CCC routing through EEE instead, but now that's not available anymore. Out of curiosity, I went to the UA website, and if I click the "Change Flight" option, it's giving me many different options in business/first, all for $0. I selected the flight I am interested in, and I haven't clicked all the way through yet, but the "Review your new trip" page seems to show that I'll have a D fare now, and I'll be refunded the GPU, and there is a $0 change fee. *(the return has not changed...CCC-DDD-AAA in the V fare I had before).

Does that seem correct, or am I reading something wrong. Is there any reason I wouldn't want to do it? From what I can tell I'll be saving a GPU for a later date, and I'll get more PQMs, etc. Is this normal?

Here is a screen shot: