FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Biz class to Asia; UA vs NH vs OZ; What to choose?
Old May 2, 2019, 11:17 am
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Kacee
I recommend NH highly. I think it's the most consistently excellent business class service out there (warmer than SQ and just as well trained). Food is also excellent (and abundant). Hard product compares well to Polaris . . . footwell can be a little restrictive on the 77W and the cushion is a bit harder than UA's, but seats are private and overall comfortable. Lavs are kept absolutely spotless.
I will second the NH recommendation. Food, service, seat is all top notch. Lounges at NRT and HND are great. I am not bothered by the warmer cabin as I taken international flights in shorts, that appears to be the only real knock I hear on them (other than the "where is my rubber steak and potatoes" crowd, and the "seat is too hard").

I also think OZ is a great carrier, good service, good food, and the A380 is a wonderful plane. The only thing I would say is sub-par on OZ is their lounges are no where near as nice as ANAs, but that is only an issue if you are connecting, or on the return flight.

Both are vastly supperior to UA in Y from the US (outside of the few ANA 10x 77Ws), and substantially better in J than UA.

P.s. if you want to get out of NRT to see the town of Narita, you need something like 4-5 hours. Customs is usually quick, but its not like you can just walk out and hop on train, wonder around,and come back. Unlike HKG, its takes some time to get to/from the train, and customs can take some time (randomly IMHE).