FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50 min o'hare connection using a wheelchair
Old May 2, 2019, 6:34 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wowza55433
Hey everyone

I have a fight from Detroit to anaheim with a 50 min transfer in Chicago. The layover is only 50 mins and my daughter will need a wheelchair

Are we at risk at missing the flight? I would assume that the gates are close to each other as the flights are united.

Thanks
Hi Wowza55433. Welcome to FlyerTalk!

50 Minutes is a tight connection. United flights use Terminals 1 and 2 at O'Hare. They are connected via a walkway, so no need to go through any TSA security during the transfer. But it can take 15 minutes to walk between the furthest gates. If you need to wait for wheelchair, this obviously lengthens the time.

On the plus side, United does pad their flight times quite a bit, so there is a good chance you will arrive at ORD prior to the stated time...and hopefully a gate will be available so you can actually get into the airport early.

If you are on a single ticket, United will eventually get you to CA if you miss the flight. In the future, it would be much less stressful to choose an itinerary with a longer connection time.

There is an entire thread dedicated to connections at ORD which you may wish to peruse...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...al-ord-30.html

Good luck.