FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schedule changes
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:09 pm
Yllanes

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For Charlotte, that's an ideal connection time, you could be about 45 minutes late arriving and still make the connection, it's one of the best places in the USA to do this sort of connection, if not the very best.
In my last connection through CLT, my flight was delayed and, despite very quick immigration, I arrived at the counter to drop my baggage 29 min before the departure of my ongoing flight (to SYR). I was certain it was not going to work but I (barely) made it to the plane, for an on time departure, and my bag was there ahead of me!

My itinerary was MAD-CLT-SYR, with scheduled arrival at CLT at 15.25 and departure for SYR at 16.40 (extremely tight, but it was itself a rebooking due to a storm in PHL). Eventually, doors opened in CLT at 15.57, I had my luggage at 16.11 and just made it to my next flight (they allowed me to jump to the front of the TSA line as my phone was ringing with a last call to board). Luckily, it was the nearest gate to the security checkpoint. The CLT-SYR flight pushed back with me and my luggage onboard at 16.41. I was very impressed.

It's the most efficient OW airport to connect from a transatlantic flight, if not the best airside experience.

[Edited because I mixed up two itineraries]

Last edited by Yllanes; Apr 30, 2019 at 12:22 pm