FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:47 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by navylad
well I certainly would describe this as top notch

Eh? Someone pulling at a small panel so it comes slightly loose is it?

You can criticise QR for a lot of things, but I'm not sure quality of general cabin fit-out is one of them. QR have absolutely one of the highest quality control standards of any airline on the planet for interior quality, they routinely reject frames that other airlines would be happy to accept. It delayed the launch of the A350 into commercial service because QR sent it back as not adequate.

Let's compare Qsuites quality control to BA's most recent cabin roll-out, shall we (789 F)? My first flight in BA 789 F on a plane that was about a month old had peeling leather finish, a tray table that was broken so wouldn't lock into the close position and slid open on takeoff, a light that didn't work and had been taped over and a very angry gentleman in 2A which wouldn't recline (thank God I chose 2K). The state of the interiors certainly haven't got better in the subsequent two years.

Howard Long was also talking about the level of personal attention and service with 'top notch', not the panels on the seat.