FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why can't AC IT recognize AC status member & assign Preferred seats?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:35 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
This isn’t really insubstantial, but I certainly want to rant about it, so this is as good a place as any.

Had a last minute flight to Winnipeg booked for me in Standard for this week, and saw that the seat map was pretty much full, about 6-7 seats left in the back and a few more preferred seats. I didn’t check in right at T-24, and waited for the seat map to show full in back before I did.

The frigging IT system had assigned me a seat in row 17 (non-preferred) and still wanted to charge for preferred. But, some FOTSG who just checked at the airport or whatever are assigned Preferred seats. I find this beyond annoying. I mean, I know it’s an absolute joke of an IT system, but surely in a circumstance like this, the software could see the load, and place a status member in the preferred rows when the flight is full. It’s infuriating.

There has to be a way to allocate remaining preferred seats that will need to be filled to status customers at T-24. It would be an easy perk to add to the program. Screw FOTSG.
It's even better when non-status GTEs get preferred seats for free.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 30, 2019 at 9:37 am Reason: edit quote