FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5 of 21 CW seats going out empty?
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:21 pm
Peter_S

Programs: BA GGL
And as a build to my half empty but un-upgradable with Avios inbound flight from Boston we were upgraded on the outbound flight a few days earlier, again when no Avios upgrades where available and we had tried over a few weeks to upgrade!

We were both upgraded (around 12 hours after we’d checked in online) on the BA203 which, having gone for a wander mid flight was full in F, J and W. Traveller looked full. We were on a BA holiday booking in J, but ended up in First. We only found out we’d been upgraded when I checked the app before leaving for the airport. Good job I checked...as leisure only traveller nowadays who bounce between sliver and gold, we are currently silver so I hadn’t planned on going the First wing. But, since we’d booked valet parking it worked out pretty well

An odd upgrade though, as were approached by the CSD who apologised for a service on a previous flight and that this was a ‘service recovery’ action. But, while we flew in paid F to Australia via SIN and back via HKG last month, we hadn’t complained...though, the requested assistance was a few minutes late at LHR. This is the third BA flight in two years I’ve tried to upgrade with Avios, failed, and been upgraded on one sector anyway!