FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF have downgraded flybe food & drink voucher
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:45 am
Maestro Ramen

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by PeteM01

With whom does the fault lie? Are AF not providing the correct information to BE or are BE simply cutting costs where they think they can get away with it?
Thanks for your account.

I think we have two issues there, and both of them appear to be AF's responsibility from the (limited) digging I did into the matter:
  • Vouchers not being issued properly when connecting at CDG. Seems like we have consistent reports of this happening on legs departing CDG, but that flights starting with Flybe are usually smooth. According to the gate agents I spoke to at CDG (and who agreed to give me a voucher in the end) they get a list of pax from AF of who should be handed a voucher. Comically it seems that Y pax with AF are given the vouchers, but J pax are often not I only have had this experience once, but it would be nice to hear from other FTs if anyone has ever succeeded into getting J service departing CDG.
  • Other issue is the voucher itself. Despite still being printed with "have whatever you want" you are only allowed biscuits and water (hey it's better than nothing). I spoke to the FA about it and according to her it was AF's decision to downgrade the catering option for their Pax, from January this year (iirc). I suppose that's the standard Y voucher. I don't actually know what J pax are actually supposed to get but based on your experience they still get the all-in? Wouldn't be extra funny if that's the reason why J pax are not issued vouchers anymore.
In conclusion this seems to be just AF's poor logistics at fault here. After my flight I complained about the poor "J" service and got 8k miles x2 as a response, so I would encourage you to raise a complaint as well. Not only so you can get something out of it (Happy to switch my brewdog to a water for 8000m ) but also so that enough customers complaint to raise awareness on their logistics needing an urgent review...