FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voluntary Award Change / changes: date, time, routing, airline, co-terminal, etc.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:20 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by needtoescape
Hi, I read the wiki in this thread and the other thread on AA award rules (AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)) but I was not sure whether FJ still is considered a non-OneWorld (OW) partner now that Fiji is a "OneWorld Connect" airline, and / or if fees apply for changing to different OW or non-OW airline within a ticket. I also looked at aa.com, and they still show FJ in the list of "Other airline partners".

This is what is in the wiki:
Partner changes: If the award includes non-oneworld partners such as AS, EY, FJ or TN, or a oneworld carrier award is changed to include a non-oneworld carrier, or vice versa, significant fees will be incurred ($150).
I currently am considering booking the following flights:
1) IAD-SFO (AS) -> SFO-NAN (FJ) -> NAN-AKL (FJ)
2) AKL-NAN (FJ) -> NAN-LAX (FJ) -> LAX-IAD (AA)

If FJ still is considered an "Other" partner, would any of the following carrier changes be allowed without incurring the award change fee:
A) Changing FJ to TN in either of my flights above (assuming FJ still is considered an "other partner", this would remain a ticket with "other partners" but I was not sure if other partner airlines could be changed)?
B) Changing AS to AA in my flight 1 scenario?
C) Changing AA to AS in my flight 2 scenario?

In the event that FJ is considered a OW partner, would I be able to change FJ flights to QF or AA flights if they release any sAAver business awards?

Thanks!
As far as I know FJ is still an "Other" partner. As long as at least one segment of the itinerary is on an "Other" partner then the award will remain an All-Partner award (or whatever AA calls it now). So in your above scenarios all should be no-fee changes as the award will remain All-Partner.