FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to Italy business class
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:29 pm
brandie

Programs: AA gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi Nelsoji,

I can't speak to the points aspect but I found the following helpful when I booked biz class to italy last summer. I live in North FL as reference.

The previous posters have a wealth of information!

1. I would not be tied to MCO, check out MIA, FLL, TPA and SFB also.
2. I would not be tied to FCO. Check out other airports in central & northern Italy.
3. I got good biz class rates through AA Vacation but I did not ultimately book through them. This thread is worth a read (all the way through) for those wanting to book biz class to Europe. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...vacations.html
4. Hang out on the premium deal forum. I don't have the thread but you go to Miles and Points and then Premium Fare Deals. I typically
don't see much for MCO but occasionally good deals pop up for MIA to Europe.
5. After I had 2-3 options Seat Guru was helpful. (I used the free version.)
6. At some point you will have to lock into some parameters that are important to you. For me I wanted a true "lay flat". Not all planes that operate
across the Atlantic are true "lay flat" 180 degrees. Seat Guru was helpful in determining the true "lay flat"s. I tossed out any routes that did not
have true "lay flats." Another criteria for me was change plane in US? or change plane in Europe? I prefer to change planes in US to get non stop
to Italy so that is what we did.
7. One of the better things that I did was book a car service to collect us at airport in Europe. I've never done this before but looking back it was worth
it. Think Italian guy in suit, holding a sign with your name and collecting you at the luggage area. It made getting to our accomodations seamless.
8. ITAMATRIX like the other reader said.