FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full Service Properties that Don't Comply with the Breakfast Benefit
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:59 am
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Bravada04
At the 4 points Las Vegas right now.... a dive bomb it is. I thought 4 points provide breakfast in the restaurant?
WTH are we entitled to? Why do I as a customer have to embarrass myself ( so I feel ). I feel cheap and it’s not about the money - it’s the principle! I just left it as is...........

Bravada04,

Yes, the "ELITE WELCOME GIFT FOR PLATINUM ELITE MEMBERS AND ABOVE" chart in the Marriott Bonvoy T&Cs shows that the "Elite Welcome Gift" choices at at Four Points and Aloft are "500 Points per Stay or amenity or breakfast in restaurant per day for Member +1."

Breakfast in restaurant. Not an inadequate voucher.

Per day. Not per stay.

When you checked in, you were not provided the the published Welcome Gift choices. Even though you eventually received a voucher for every day, you still did not get a real breakfast in the restaurant. The compensation for that at Four Points and Aloft is $50 USD.

You're still at the hotel. Talk to the manager. Demand the $50 for the Welcome Gift failure. Invoke the Guarantee in the T&Cs. Also discuss the other service shortcomings.

Be prepared to show your knowledge of the applicable Guarantee: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi