FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full Service Properties that Don't Comply with the Breakfast Benefit
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:09 pm
itravelalot
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Horace
Earlier in this thread, I wrote that a reasonable person would read "breakfast in restaurant" at a 4-star, 4 1/2-star, or 5-star hotel to mean the kind of breakfast that guests at such a hotel would typically eat in the hotel's breakfast restaurant. It could be breakfast from the menu. It could be a breakfast buffet. It could be a choice of either.

As someone pointed out, the one hotel in Mexico serves a "continental breakfast" that isn't even on the menu to order. I think this is also part of a complaint. The breakfast at resorts, which is part of the arrival welcome gift benefit (whatever that is officially called), is required to be a breakfast in the restaurant. It has nothing to do with the lounge benefit, which admittedly is a "continental" breakfast. Marriott and its hotels need to read the provision of the terms that actually deals with resorts. It does not mention "continental" at all. I'm willing to bet that most of these resorts not complying with the breakfast benefit aren't complying with the requirement to provide an alternative amenity if the resort fee includes internet access. How many people on here are raising this issue as well? Few I bet.