FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS pilots on strike in April 2019
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:52 am
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by Anubis13
I arrived at CPH at 13:15from SFO and my flight for geneva was cancelled 30 minutes before departure at 17. SAS service could not find a ticket for me for the next few days. The system seems to be fully booked for tomorrow. So I decided to take a train. Is there something that I can claim from SAS, at least the ticket expenses.
You can try, but it's unclear what you are entitled to at the moment. According to the Danish news media
  • SAS will reimburse up to EUR 300 for tickets on other airlines if they can't find you a flight within 24 hours and you book an alternative flight your self. Whether this also applies to trains is unclear, but probably.
  • SAS will not reimburse any other expenses nor will they payout EU compensation. This is a change from last time, due to a EU verdict lately.
Never the less. Try fill in the claim form on the customer service page at the SAS website. It takes 5 min. and you will have the answer within a couple of weeks. With the denial of EU compensation etc. I doubt you will see much longer response times at the moment.