FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGW-FLL schedule cancelled?
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:57 am
Bigbearcatcher

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by travellingowl
I was booked 15th - 22nd Feb (LGW-FLL) and got cancellation email this morning. Just called up and been switched to MIA. When I called and said I was calling about my flight cancellation email I was asked is that Fort Lauderdale, Bangkok or Madrid? (so they must have cancelled a bunch today).

I was told that from September FLL is being totally cancelled and options were either refund or rebook and I had the option to change dates and / or change to another airport in Florida (Orlando, Miami or Tampa). Also was told it was a one-time change only (so now I have changed I cannot go back and ask for another without paying a fee).

Not too unhappy with the changes as for me LHR is closer than LGW and the flight times are close enough to what I booked to FLL. The only downside is immigration at MIA but since we land at 14.15 local time I'm hoping it's not too bad (but I have had bad experiences there in the pas!t)
Last time I flew LGW-FLL we arrived just after some other international flights (I guess Caribbean/Central America as there were 100s of Spanish speaking people in the queue in front of us) and immigration was rammed, took 1+ hour to get through, so MIA might not be a worse option!