Old Apr 25, 19, 2:35 am
GUWonder
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
When all available inventory in a class of service on a given flight is at 0, searches for flights in a class of service will generally not show that 0'ed inventory flight in flight searches when using most online travel agencies and airline websites/apps.

Originally Posted by Some person View Post
There are both good and bad reasons to show fully booked connection. If you show the flight, then people can see the timetable, but you also confuse people in that they may believe that you can book tickets for that flight in one way or another. That is only possible if someone cancels a booking.
Some airlines have a benefit, negotiated or otherwise, to allow some people to get booked into rather expensive full fare economy class fares on sold-out flights with otherwise no space available for sale to the general public.

I have had some carriers book me onto flights that weren't available for sale to the general public (i.e. all available inventory on the sold-out flight was zero in the systems used by the airlines and travel agencies), and I think we were required to put in such requests at least 2-72 hours in advance of scheduled flight time.

SkyTeam, for example, has as benefit for ElitePlus members a supposedly guaranteed benefit to book economy class seats on sold-out SkyTeam carrier flights as long as the request is made 24 hours in advance of scheduled departure. It's booked as full-fare tickets with fare basis such as Y, YO2, YD, and Y2, and so it tends to be anything but cheap.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 25, 19 at 2:49 am