FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AWAY brand luggage
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:21 am
peter h

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by thatflyer
thanks for all the responses to my questions. Very informative.
Unfortunately the promo code only works in the US. The UK doesn’t accept any ... I contacted them directly and asked them.
I was browsing in the London shop and asked if the referrals in things like YT videos could be redeemed and was told yes - to both online and shop purchases. When I actually went in the shop to buy one (the larger carry-on), the person who served me was less certain when I showed her the referral URL and the name of the channel. Without much convincing though, she gave me a £20 discount.

First thoughts after a 10 flight, 5 day trip on BA and AA: I love the packing design (I use packing cubes, which helps) and that worked really well. The only negative was the handle which didn't always 'stick' in an intermediate extension (I'll go to the shop again and try the display cases). It fitted well into overhead lockers on A320/1, 777 and 747s. I had to valet check it on an ERJ145, but that was expected. Overall, I was pleased with it. As a side observation, I didn't see many Away bags in the European airports I passed through, but there were plenty in the US.