FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Individual Passengers in Single Itinerary
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:30 am
Billy Mumphrey

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NobleHouse
One other option that hasn't been mentioned is that for each passenger on the PNR in question, you can choose whether or not to request a complimentary upgrade to Comfort+ and First accordingly. When you go to your trip in delta.com using a full deskop client, not mobile - scroll down past the flight and seat selection info. Down below there, you'll find the section about complimentary upgrades. Check and uncheck the boxes and save. Easy.

Now for whether those settings are honored by Delta IT is another matter, I haven't tried having different upgrade requests for different passengers myself. I never liked the idea of splitting PNR, but that doesn't seem to be a bad route either.
Have you tried this before? I am flying with a toddler later this week and we were both upgraded to F on both segments. There were enough seats open that we could pick seats together. We previously split my wife off into her own PNR. On the return there are only a few remaining F seats. I don't want to separate my daughter from my PNR under any circumstances, but if there is a chance at getting 1 seat I would consider "unchecking" my daughter's upgrade request. And if I am upgraded I would then give that seat to my wife and take her seat next to my daughter. Would this work? Better to just ask the check-in agent or gate agent to upgrade just me?