FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL Basic Economy (renamed Dec 2018); all BE to earn 50% PQMs, earn 100% PQDs
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:35 am
Away from YYZ

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Question

Quick questions about "Basic Economy" fare...

1) Is it true "Basic Economy" fare between N.A. and Europe earns 0 miles. But N.A. to Asia (for example) is always "Economy", hence you can earn miles?

2) Say if I booked a "Basic Economy" (shown as K fare) from N.A. to Europe, will I still earn status miles at A3 FFP*?
* Maybe this is somewhat similar to AC metal issue? People were reporting even they booked a fare that suppose to earn miles, but because it is the cheapest fare, AC reports a different fare class to their FFP hence ended up with 0% mile.

And A3 FFP site didn't make it too clear either
Deep Discount Economy W, S, T, L, K, G 50%
Basic economy (Only award miles are applicable. Tier mileage accrual is not permitted.) N 50%

But as I said on UA website when I try to book a NA<->Europe it is shown as "Basic Economy" (K).... So...

Sorry, I haven't flown UA to Europe before and I am avoiding AC for now, and I can't seems to find a clear answer to my questions.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 22, 2019 at 10:58 am Reason: Moved to TATL BE thread