FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bangkok {THA}
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:34 am
alanslegal

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pentiumii
We just left the Conrad a couple of days ago. Sadly we moved to the Hilton Sukramvit and it is a dump.

I am diamond and I don't remember them offering me breakfast in the restaurant. The lounge was pretty decent, comfortable chairs, friendly staff.

I felt recognized for my status, but nobody went overboard. Allegedly a premium room.

Sadly, we don't appreciate what we have until we move to a dump. At the Meridien now and it is much better than I expected it to be. Titanium status got a one bedroom suite, unlimited Prosecco in a separate area of the restaurant, and free drink at their bar from 5:30 to 7:30. They do not have a lounge.

PS, it is hotter than hell here now.
For a decade long Flyertalker don't you read the (Hilton Sukhumvit) hotel thread? Rookie mistake.

Everyone knows the Hilton Sukhumvit is poor with suite upgrades, everyone knows that Diamonds get complimentary in the restaurant or executive lounge. But at rates in the low 3,000BHT mark (and often close to half the price of the Conrad / Le Meridien) this can be good value - yes we have stayed there a couple of times in 12 months and enjoyed the Sukhumvit/Phrom Phong area.

For the Le Meridien, stayed in those suites you are talking about many times (when they were once part of Starwood). Sure its a nice hotel too, one of my favourites (7-8 years ago) but poor location for my situation, yes no lounge but comped happy hour etc but obviously to cater for folks with status who "enjoy" lounges. Bangkok being so amazing in every aspect (well maybe not congestion, smog) there are tonnes of bars (to cater for any price point) so why would anyone want to waste time in a lounge anyway - sitting in a hotel bar OR high up at the Grand Cru Champagne Bar .... maybe the rooftop is too hot for you however.

Anyway Bangkok, one is spoilt with choices, another possible rookie mistake staying at the Le Meridien over the St Regis Bangkok because the Le Meridien would likely be a 'dump' in your eyes.