FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - any LDW from rental co = no coverage from credit card?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:13 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I have a credit card with primary LDW outside the US, no deductible. If I pay for the minimum level of coverage from the renter (Europcar), which comes with a high deductible (~$1400) and does not cover wheels/tires/lights, is that a Catch-22? What I mean is, would it actually cost me more money if there are any losses, since I haven't followed the CC requirement to decline rental company's coverage?
Assuming the CC honors the primary LDW coverage, there is no need to purchase another LDW coverage from the rental.

Nevertheless, subject to applicable T&Cs, the following should happen in case when the LDW coverage is triggered:

1. Car rental's own LDW coverage has the highest priority (because the car rental company will never bother working with others).

2. If there is any amount that the car rental LDW does not cover, the credit card will take care the rest.