FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - sin-kul SQ fares 3-6 times higher than others?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:11 pm
SQTraveller

Originally Posted by nov11
Why don't you do this on MH instead? If for some reasons (weather is a great reason especially over summer), you are delayed on HKG-SIN and you'll miss your SIN-KUL connection, they can (and I know from experience in the past) re-route you to KUL bypassing SIN (I was told that since I was connecting to a OW flight, they can just re-route me to my final).

On this short 30-40 mins flight (wheels up to wheels down), there are no significant differences between MH/SQ that justifies SQ's cost.

If you don't have checked bags, AK works well since you don't have to change terminals at SIN. And if you have checked bags, CX can definitely check your bags through to KUL on MH (not sure if they will to SQ).
Originally Posted by nanyang
Why not book MH then?

On this route they are perfectly fine in both J and Y.
Originally Posted by estnet
Am I doing something wrong? Sin-kul is pricing at USD 322 or 436 sing dollars on SQ - this is for a 1 hour flight!

- competitors range from usd 74 -120 (malaysia). It used to be that for this "shuttle" flight MH and SQ were close in price. Is this really right?
MH cheapest may well not include a full check in luggage allowance for certain fares/flights
Economy Lite - Adding Additional Baggage is Expensive