FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL Basic Economy (renamed Dec 2018); all BE to earn 50% PQMs, earn 100% PQDs
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:02 pm
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by zeer0
LH only provides seat selection benefits to *G at check in, which for most longhaul routes where there are plenty of SEN/HON members means the exit rows won't be available anyways.

I also find your reasoning on going from Y to PE bizarre.
I have taken LH on several trips recently, we always get decent seats assigned. I am not counting on an exit row with 4. If I was traveling alone I would go J or PE and not think of Y.

Why is it weird to be willing to take decent Y flights for $4400, but - since the other options don't have decent seats (10x 777) or are on airlines where I will not get decent seats - and the only other decent *A Y option would be $6600 - to be willing to pay $8400 to go PE? Put another way, I'm not willing to pay a delta of $4K ($1k/person) to go from a decent Y to PE, but I am willing to pay $1800 ($450/person) to do so.

Prices are not fixed, and the extra you have to pay to go up a level is relevant, or at least is to me.