FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Aspire Instant Number Usage
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:13 pm
HIFlya

Originally Posted by Mike B
I applied for the Aspire card, was instantly approved, got a temporary number, and successfully used the temp number to pay a variety of bills and charges online, including insurance, a big medical bill, and airfare. I completed the spend for the signup bonus within two hours of being approved! I took a screenshot of the temporary information to make sure I would have everything. It worked well for me. Diamond status came through within a couple of hours also.
I just wanted to add my DP. I got shafted for the instant number. Just applied online 30 minutes ago, got the "congratulations" message and then no number, only the option to set up my online account. Chatted online and also called but was told there was nothing anyone could do, and they could not even expedite my card shipment now. I was told I had to get that BEFORE I was approved. That is what pisses me off even more. Seriously. I can understand not letting CSRs have that information to verbally provide to you, but how can you expect people to call and request an expedited shipping of the card BEFORE they are approved.