FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying SFO via Singapore to Tel Aviv
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:20 pm
krispykrme

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by danielonn
I was looking at different options for this Fall and one itinerary that I created being an Aviation Geek is to fly SFO-SIN-PEK-TLV for $1,050 with an overnight at Changi just for kicks. I would love to tour the airport, visit airline lounges, sleep at the Transit Hotel. If we arrive Changhi at 11:50 AM and leave at 4:00 PM on a Multi City Itinerary can we get a free Transit Hotel/ lounge if we arrive in Economy on SQ and depart on Air China?

How would the jetlag be going this way leaving at 1:15 AM from SFO arriving at 11:50 AM in Singapore and departing at 4:00 PM the next day with a few hours at PEK and arriving TLV at 7:30 AM the next day.

On this itinerary we would get a Dinner after taking off from SFO then the flight stops in Hong Kong so do we get a Breakfast before landing HKG and Lunch before landing SIN? I am assuming on the flight to PEK we would get Dinner, then Dinner again from PEK-TLV and Breakfast before landing in TLV. The miles seem quite a lot.

The other itinerary is on Turkish Air for about the same.

Would you do this Mileage run? Am I crazy to do it this way? How do you book the Transit Hotel. I see that its $88 for 6 hours and $18 for any additional hours. My goal is to tour the inside of tjhe airport, go to the free movie theater, eat meals in the Airline Lounge. When we arrive we would go to the airline Lounge then to the Transit Hotel and then Lounge after touring the airport.

Thanks for your tips
1. You don’t qualify for Free transit hotel
2. On SQ 1- you get 2 breakfast. One before landing in HKG and 1 as soon as you take off from HkG.