Flying SFO via Singapore to Tel Aviv

Old Apr 19, 19, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Flying SFO via Singapore to Tel Aviv

I was looking at different options for this Fall and one itinerary that I created being an Aviation Geek is to fly SFO-SIN-PEK-TLV for $1,050 with an overnight at Changi just for kicks. I would love to tour the airport, visit airline lounges, sleep at the Transit Hotel. If we arrive Changhi at 11:50 AM and leave at 4:00 PM on a Multi City Itinerary can we get a free Transit Hotel/ lounge if we arrive in Economy on SQ and depart on Air China?

How would the jetlag be going this way leaving at 1:15 AM from SFO arriving at 11:50 AM in Singapore and departing at 4:00 PM the next day with a few hours at PEK and arriving TLV at 7:30 AM the next day.

On this itinerary we would get a Dinner after taking off from SFO then the flight stops in Hong Kong so do we get a Breakfast before landing HKG and Lunch before landing SIN? I am assuming on the flight to PEK we would get Dinner, then Dinner again from PEK-TLV and Breakfast before landing in TLV. The miles seem quite a lot.

The other itinerary is on Turkish Air for about the same.

Would you do this Mileage run? Am I crazy to do it this way? How do you book the Transit Hotel. I see that its $88 for 6 hours and $18 for any additional hours. My goal is to tour the inside of tjhe airport, go to the free movie theater, eat meals in the Airline Lounge. When we arrive we would go to the airline Lounge then to the Transit Hotel and then Lounge after touring the airport.

Thanks for your tips
Old Apr 19, 19, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by danielonn View Post
Would you do this Mileage run?
Maybe not, as I have my doubt that this ticket is FFP eligible.

Am I crazy to do it this way?
No, as there are more crazy routes...
Old Apr 19, 19, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
I was looking at different options for this Fall and one itinerary that I created being an Aviation Geek is to fly SFO-SIN-PEK-TLV for $1,050 with an overnight at Changi just for kicks. I would love to tour the airport, visit airline lounges, sleep at the Transit Hotel. If we arrive Changhi at 11:50 AM and leave at 4:00 PM on a Multi City Itinerary can we get a free Transit Hotel/ lounge if we arrive in Economy on SQ and depart on Air China?

How would the jetlag be going this way leaving at 1:15 AM from SFO arriving at 11:50 AM in Singapore and departing at 4:00 PM the next day with a few hours at PEK and arriving TLV at 7:30 AM the next day.

On this itinerary we would get a Dinner after taking off from SFO then the flight stops in Hong Kong so do we get a Breakfast before landing HKG and Lunch before landing SIN? I am assuming on the flight to PEK we would get Dinner, then Dinner again from PEK-TLV and Breakfast before landing in TLV. The miles seem quite a lot.

The other itinerary is on Turkish Air for about the same.

Would you do this Mileage run? Am I crazy to do it this way? How do you book the Transit Hotel. I see that its $88 for 6 hours and $18 for any additional hours. My goal is to tour the inside of tjhe airport, go to the free movie theater, eat meals in the Airline Lounge. When we arrive we would go to the airline Lounge then to the Transit Hotel and then Lounge after touring the airport.

Thanks for your tips
1. You donít qualify for Free transit hotel
2. On SQ 1- you get 2 breakfast. One before landing in HKG and 1 as soon as you take off from HkG.

Old Apr 19, 19, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
2. On SQ 1- you get 2 breakfast. One before landing in HKG and 1 as soon as you take off from HkG.
I don't believe OP means SQ 1, as OP lists the route as SFO-SIN-PEK-TLV rather than SFO-HKG-SIN-PEK-TLV.
Old Apr 19, 19, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by garykung View Post
I don't believe OP means SQ 1, as OP lists the route as SFO-SIN-PEK-TLV rather than SFO-HKG-SIN-PEK-TLV.
SQ1 departs SFO at 1:15am which is the timing mentioned by OP.
Old Apr 20, 19, 3:38 am

SQ does not offer free transit hotel. So you have to pay for it.

At SIN arrivals and departures both empty into the same hall (security is done at the gate) so your plan of lounge hopping is very doable. Nearly all the lounges (including priority pass lounges) have showers, which makes it even nicer for long layovers.
Old Apr 20, 19, 4:29 am

I recall having to fight jet lag terribly when I arrived back in Singapore on SQ1.

Question - for a 24 hour + layover, why not visit Singaporeís main attractions?
Old Apr 20, 19, 11:13 am

Programs: AS, AA, B6, Hilton, Marriott
Oy, that is a schlep in Y.
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Apr 21, 19, 10:05 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
And what lounges do you intend to visit and how are you intending to get access?

30 hour stopover and you donít want to leave the airport... canít say itíll be enjoyable
Old Apr 21, 19, 10:07 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
Perhaps if the OP has been read properly the reference to Hong Kong would be seen quite clearly.
Old Apr 22, 19, 9:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Now that Jewel has opened at Changi , it should occupy some of OP ‘ s time .
I know many spending hours there , checking in much earlier & such

We actually landed in evening of opening day but too jet lagged to explore , another trip .

See this thread :
Video Of ďThe Jewel,Ē Singapore Changi Airport

Still a pity if he doesn’t take advantage of complimentary city tours .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Apr 22, 19 at 9:48 pm

Search this Thread