FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Apartment Hotels?
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:22 pm
kevincrumbs

Programs: Free agent!
Apartment Hotels?

I'm travelling to Osaka later this year with the GF and her daughter, which is a big change from my usual manner of travelling around Japan on my own. To that end, I've decided that we probably need a lot more space in a hotel room than I'm previously used to. While searching for lodging in Osaka, I've noticed a lot of places that called themselves apartment hotels. To me, they seem like AirBnB places except that they're available on websites like booking.com and hotels.com. Has anyone stayed in one and if so, what were your experiences? Are they legal or do they exist in a sort of grey area that AirBnBs themselves exist in? Are there any issues with immigration or customs if one were to put one of these places down as one's address while in Japan?

As you can tell, I much prefer hotels but it's a bit difficult to find lodging with a separate living room or bedroom in Osaka. In general, it seems like more of these places are showing up when searching for lodging compared to previous years.