FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Hilton website
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:02 pm
JBD

Security Issues with New Site

On a regular basis I monitor my miles and points accounts to confirm accurate activity being recorded, and most importantly, to confirm that it is still my email address/phone/physical address listed in my profile page.

[To those unaware of why this is important, hackers who get into your account will change your contact info prior to setting up points transfers or booking awards for themselves - most commonly they'll change your email address. See the current threads about HH points stolen for Amazon purchases for recent experiences with this.]

But on the new site it's impossible to check your personal data. You're first given a page that shows your email address with only its last letter and the email domain, and there's an "Edit" button. But when you select "Edit" you're shown another page which also does not display your full contact info, but rather it's as I described above. So there seems to be no way to confirm that the email address that HH has associated with your account is actually yours. The only option I see is to re-enter your email as if it's a true update to your account.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to confirm that HH has your accurate email address on their new website?

Last edited by JBD; Apr 12, 2019 at 2:11 pm Reason: typos