FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SU 55 minutes connection at SVO F-F
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:43 am
kwise

Originally Posted by TravelDream
Is SVO really that bad? My flights are not changeable as they were the cheapest saver fares available.
I've never been to SVO before. I did once connect international - domestic with S7 at DME. I think my connection time was about 2 hours, and there was more than enough time to pass immigration, collect my luggage and check-in again.

Also, is luggage safe in SVO if it's left for 24 hours?

What happens if I miss my flight? There's only one a day to my destination from Moscow. Presumably, Aeroflot will have to provide a hotel - though it seems from reading some reviews that they aren't always forthcoming with them.
SVO is all updated (minus additional new terminal still under construction) and HUGE!
There are couple things that are not too logical, so instance, no clean zone transfer from D to B (but there is that option from B to D). The entrance to B security check could be better in my opinion. Coming from US on the plane with over 400 people we had to wait for buses to take us to terminal D - took about 40 minutes between we landed and entered terminal D for passport control. Ridiculous experience.

The most important thing is the time of the day you are traveling. During peak hours 2 hours might be just enough to transfer and 55 minutes are not doable at all. In off-peak hours 1 hour is plenty of time.

Aeroflot sucks big time in costumer service. Most passengers who missed their flights were treated poorly - they were asked to pay rebooking fee or buy new tickets and submit it for reimbursement (some people claimed its been over 3 months with no reimbursement still). Hotel was provided after hours in line to people with transit visa. But if you are on time it's a good experience really.
As for the luggage, I am not sure you can check it in 24 hrs in advance. I always checked my luggage in the original airport with transfer in Moscow so I didn't see my luggage until I landed in the US. At some point I had almost 12 hrs in Moscow and luggage was just fine.