FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to get gold status
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:48 am
East_and_West

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by jannosk
so in order to get gold first you have to be silver and the collect the 24k for gold?
i thought you could do that directly, I guess I had that one the wrong way

Exactly. As stated in the M&B website:
To upgrade from Silver to the Gold Tier, all you need to do is fly Aegean or Olympic Air at least four times and earn 24,000 Tier Miles within 12 months or collect a total 48,000 Tier Miles, regardless of which airline you choose to fly with. Whichever you do first will get you there.
meaning that these thresholds apply to M&B members you have already reached A3*S. Or at least that's my understanding.

Originally Posted by jannosk
the ATH-CAI-ATH will give me 3200 miles and the TK flight to Bali will give me about 15.400 miles more or less according to TK website
I am not sure that this info can be actually on TK's website. May the figure you got applies to miles for Miles & Smiles (TK's FFP), not M&B. The relevant info, based on the fare class you book in, can be again found on M&B's website:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...ish%20Airlines

Most paid TK business class fares earn 150% on M&B, apart from J which earns 100% as mentioned by @RedChili. (I think that J is actually the fare bucket that upgraded econ tickets are reissued in, but I may be mistaken)