FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:49 am
kaffir76

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Hope you get on a QSuites flight!
I’ve been tracking the equipment for DOH-MLE and MLE-DOH for the last few weeks and they do so many last minute equipment swaps.
MLE-DOH was being fairly consistent q-suites up until last week but now there are a lot of non q-suites. DOH-MLE was pot luck, some days it is q-suites, others it’s not.
How do the 787 and A359 compare (non q suites)? Our first leg is on the 787.
Both aircraft are very comfy, having flown them recently to BOS. They both have a mini bar counter laid out in the middle of the cabin with champagne & fruit and snacks
For the 787, I sat in row 6EF on the return & it was super private, after seeing a couple seated there on the outbound from CGK. The lavatory nearby didn't bother me.
For the 359, the mini cabin of rows 7-9 is quieter but the pax in Y will be shuffling thru' during boarding so that's the only down side.

I hope everyone gets the QSuites too! ^

Originally Posted by plunet
The differences are minor.
From memory the big one is that the 359s don't have the luggage bins over the central section of the aircraft but my memory could be playing tricks on me.
I think so too, but my memory is hazy. LOL ...

My CMB flights were changed from QSuites to Qatam & has never changed back since so YMMV
Trying calling or emailing the local QR office, they may allow you a change to one with QSuites.

CMB office was fantastic, their replies were prompt & helpful. They even helped me with my seat assignments on the QSuites from JFK-DOH.
I tried to select a seat in an empty quad but the system wouldn't allow it. LOL ...
I already knew that but just trying my luck.
I'll just try at the airport when I check in, or shamelessly invite myself into a Quad with only 2 pax in it just for a look see