FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa [Master Thread]
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:53 am
Fiberwalker

Originally Posted by hindolio
Please let us know if you made the stay. Thanks!
I stayed there the weekend before last as a Titanium member for a 2 night paid stay with my partner.

The resort fee fee was reduced and even though we had an advanced payment through Marriott’s buggy site that charged the full resort fee they credited us the difference.

You get get access to the continental (cold) buffet for free as Platinum but the weekend we were there the hotel was completely booked so we did a lot of waiting for the tables. Once seated you could upgrade to the hot buffet for $10 more. Essentially the hotel paid for ~$25 of breakfast per person. If we went over we’d pay the difference.

You also get access to the spa’s sauna and pools as Tiranium.

The resort fee included WiFi and self parking.

Our room was a recently renovated one but I don’t think it was an upgrade other than the fact it was renovated. The hotel is showing its age so the renovation is definitely a welcome bit.

All in all a great hotel - my chief complaint if any is how busy it was. Every check in with the front desk or concierge was a ~15-20 minute wait.