FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Partners to Europe
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:38 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by osubeavers01
Any opinions/recommendations as to the best option among the Alaska partner airlines for a premium economy class seat to Europe? My company won’t pay for business class. Alternatively, anyone have any insights as to ease and reasonable cost of an upgrade to business/first? I’ve successfully bidded for an upgrade on Iceland air before - not sure if there’s options like that on some of the other partners.
Between PDX and Amsterdam and PDX and Milan
Well, I may have been too optimistic about my travel options. We book our travel through Concur and with whatever settings my company has, neither Condor nor Icelandair show up as an option. It looks like I can go with either AA or BA. From the earnings chart for Alaska, it looks like they’re fairly evenly matched for points accrual in premium economy. Anyone have any experience/preferences between the two? I’m most interested about the hard product. Sleep is far more important to me than whatever food or drinks they might serve on the plane
As a business trip is price & company travel policy a factor?
AA to Europe routes here ---> Where exactly does AA fly to Europe? Which routes have good business seats?
BA will have many options from USA gateways

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portla...tional_Airport

If it was easy and reasonable cost for an upgrade to business/first we would all be doing that. Many frequent flyers are looking for upgrades trans Atlantic. Some will have instrument (SWU's, etc ) and many ff miles to burn.