FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:00 pm
trmbn65

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by moops380
I think DUBlin will suffice. The only next logical places would be a321 to lhr or ams, or maybe cdg/ fra. Thats it. I agree with iceland not having any real business o/d. The model seemed to work because of low landing/connect taxes and being geographically well-located for fuel and smaller plane usage. That didn't work. I only took one $142 ams-cle wow flight and wish i could have taken more because it was actually a good option (was also last minute). Those prices were not sustainable and we will now suffer again from the lack of competitive pricing Tatl from CLE. I fly ~last minute on a monthly basis to europe from cle and v/v anything is welcome, but especially aer lingus due to the avios option. Also the pre clearance really puts it over the top. Dublin is a destination, not just a stopover.
And Cleveland will fit Aer Lingus's model. They fly to a lot of under served US markets and have been expanding their base in the recent years. And they partner with United for connecting flights. They also operate a hub in Dublin, so it can be used to connect to many popular European destinations.