FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Waikiki Beach, HI [Master Thread]
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:02 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Majuki
I've given up on this hotel. You can get a better experience, especially with the resort fee, elsewhere among the Marriott properties in the area. For the money of the resort fee, you can get a nicer breakfast at Eggs 'n Things and, depending on the time you head down, have a shorter wait.
Originally Posted by Kacee
I hear ya, I'm done as well.

But I'll note Sheraton and Moana are typically at least $50-100 more expensive than this place (closer to $100 for my nights). Guess you get what you pay for . . . I just wasn't interested in paying over $300 for a 14 hour stay. Hilton was a little cheaper, but I had the $40 AMEX offer for Marriott, which equalized the price plus there's the Marriott stay credit.

Didn't have to wait for breakfast. Most of the guests were school tour groups and I assume they did not have breakfast included in their group rates.
They have a new general manager. So, it will be interesting to see how this property changes, if at all.

Did you get the resort fee waived or an alternative replacement amenity included, @Kacee?

If I was only in Honolulu for 14 hours and had a rental car, I might consider the Courtyard on the North Shore of Oahu, if I was staying loyal to Marriott. It's typically a lot cheaper than the Waikiki properties. Yes, it's on the North Shore, but it doesn't seem like you were in Honolulu for a Waikiki vacation.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Apr 7, 2019 at 11:22 am Reason: typo