FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "Special Fare" (AA Vacations, TYP, MR, etc.) Questions, EQD, Issues (merged)
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:34 am
NYC Flyer

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Bryan Sklar
Is there a good consolidator or OTA that can help me book this out for special fare/* instead? With Rm J, I booking codes would get 35% - 40% EQD on most legs (except the I leg), and 2x-3x EQM.
The consolidator fares will be tiered by class level as well. (so, if you are looking at a J class fare, the consolidator fare will be competitive vs published J; you will not find a J class consolidator fare that competes on price with a published I class fare).

In other words, the lowest consolidator fares will book into I and you will earn 20% EQD on the transpacific segment.

The best consolidators typically work through traditional travel agents...for ex-Asia fares, a local (i.e., Nepalese) travel agent is probably your best bet. US based consolidators will not have particularly attractive Asia originating fares, especially compared to some of the bargain premium fares available on a published basis.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Apr 7, 2019 at 10:49 am