FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-UA / partner Lounge Access Rules for United Club members
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:24 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Phillies
Ok, thanks. I thought maybe UA had a lounge in B since they have some flights there. So much for that idea. I guess I feel silly spending money on that CC card and not being able to use the lounge before a flight. Is there a good lounge at LHR I would have access to with United either by flying with them or a different airline ?
The issue at both EWR and LHR is flying VS is you are flying out of different terminals than UA (and where its lounges are located)

While in EWR, it appears VS and UA are both in Terminal B, Terminal B is actually 3 separate terminals with three separate security access and UA uses Term B mostly for International arrivals and a few overflow flights -- the departure activity is small.

At LHR VS is in a terminal far away from the UA gates / lounges. If flying from T2, there is a great UA UC and a number of partner lounges (partner lounges already require *A departure flight as UA will in Novemeber.

So, in theory until November, you have access but in practice, it is not very practical.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 6, 2019 at 1:04 pm Reason: wrong code for VS