FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:21 pm
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by MiaSkye89
Several years ago, a bank, lets say Bank A, shut me down because of MO deposit (they didnt say that but all I was doing was depositing, and paying credit cards)
A recent attempt to get an account with Bank A was declined.

I have another bank, lets say Bank B, that I have been depositing MO for years and bill pay, credit cards, etc for years without hardly an issue. The only issue with Bank B was early on when the bank manager called me and asked what I was doing with all the MO deposits, I explained to him what I was doing, and now the manager (now a regional manager with Bank B) does MS himself after I showed him how.

But now, announcements are being made that Bank A and Bank B are merging. Should I be worried?

Bank B is not my primary bank for paycheck, bills drafted ect (dont s*** where you eat and all)
In all liklihood, it will depend on the surviving entity. If it is bank A, then when accounts are merged, your SS# will come up on the banned list and it is likely that you will be asked (politely, of course ) to leave. On the other hand, if bank B survives, then so will you, since the back office system that survives a merger is that of the surviving entity.
You just need to discover if it is A or B.