FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible Downgrade from equipment change
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:54 am
Yellowjj

Originally Posted by apodo77

Not getting the empty seat is messed up. Would be curious what the standby/upgrade gids showed on the app.

Enjoy the Bahamas and you should get at least a $200 voucher and fare difference.
The gids showed nobody upgraded to First and 2 persons upgraded to Comfort+.

Originally Posted by MarkCron
He would have gotten the seat if he spoke up when he overheard the agent say they had a seat available. I assume he preferred the compensation, so stayed silent.
The reason why I didn't speak up is twofold. I arrived at the gate dead last, due to being at the T4 Skyclub and not even realizing the gate had changed to a T2 one. I assumed by then procedures would have already been put in place for one of the other displaced passengers whether by status or by them simply being at the gate on time. The second reason was the seat was a aisle. While it's generally preferred by most people here, I tend to prefer windows especially when I'm tired, as I lean on the partition to nap.

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Have you had any luck with Tagg? Just curious
I've had some good friendships from it. Don't use it too often though.

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Why would he have gotten the seat? There were likely 3 other displaced F passengers now moved back to Y, and I'm assuming they offered the seat to one with a paid fair and status.
My main reasoning exactly. It worked that way on United last year when they canceled a 777 flight and substituted a 757 in it's place. While only being a Premier Silver, I was still in paid F and managed to snag one of two F seats remaining over the other elites. I expect Delta to work the same way.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Did you ask how they picked you and if they had asked for volunteers?

As for the lady with children, you can checkin online, get BP, and need to have docs verified. Also if they were connecting from OAL docs would need to be verified.
I did not ask. Like others here I just assume it's a hierarchy based on Status, Fare class, date purchased. My main gripe, is there was no notification at all. Either for the downgrade or the gate change. The gate change one came after I had already arrived at the new gate lol. Delta could really learn from UA here, where my phone blows up with every minor change.